[obol] Lincoln County today

  • From: Christopher Hinkle <christopher.hinkle2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 22:15:14 -0800

Adrian, our parents and I headed to Newport this morning for a bright sunny
day on the coast. Yaquina Head produced the Burrowing Owl perched in its
usual spot, looking cute. Lots of Black Scoters, looking north from the
lighthouse, and some porpoises offshore. At Ona Beach we were surprised to
find an imm. Golden Eagle circling overhead before flying east. It must be
a pretty good bird for the central coast. We had only a few minutes at
Hatfield Marine Science Center and could not find the Palm Warblers or
anything else of note.

Good birding,

Christopher Hinkle