[obol] Leucistic Robin

  • From: Greg Gabel <rhinochaser67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 18:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

So I was rolling the back roads off hwy 53 near Nehalem on my way to the cabin.
I was hoping to spot a Pygmy Owl or a maybe a Gyrfalcon so I could finally sell
the binochs(and one modestly used Sibley) and call it quits.

When then I saw a white bird fly across the road and I thought, "hot damn!"
that is no Snowy but still worth stopping for.  So I turned down the George
Jones, put the beer in the holder and took this photo.  Guess I'll keep the
binochs for now...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/40804805@N00/

Other birds of the weekend: Band-tailed pigeons, Rufus hum, gray jays,
Peregrine, yada yada...

Not see: Pygmy owl. Gyrfalcon.