[obol] Last Winter Sparrows

  • From: bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 01:44:06 -0700

On Thursday, May 1, I watched a Golden-crowned Sparrow as it perched on top of
the swing set in my backyard and eyed the feeder area.  I think it must have
been checking on food supplies for the morning, because it came and chirped
repeatedly early on Friday morning as it fed.  And then it was gone.  The
White-throated Sparrow holdout that had fed earlier on May 1 is gone, too.  I
did not see or hear it on Friday.  The White-crowned Sparrows are gone, too,
but I can't put a date on their departure.