[obol] Lark Sparrow relocated/Eugene

  • From: Donald Schrouder <dcsbird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 10:11:29 -0700

Just returned from a 10 day trip to the east coast and went for my morning walk
at the Sheldon High track and was hearing a song I did not recognize. As I
headed out the gate this time for home I flushed a sparrow off the ground which
flew up to the tree across the street and began singing. It is the LARK SPARROW
I found several weeks ago. It has apparently hung around and is still present
which surprises me since my only experience with these guys in Lane county is
that they don’t stick around long. They are usually long gone before I can get
there and search. A bird for our Wednesday morning walk this week?

                        Don Schrouder/Eugene/Lane Co.