[obol] Lane-Lincoln coast birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 21:18:28 -0700

Graham Floyd and I prowled coastal Lane County today, exchanging the oven for
the wind tunnel. A flabbergusting breeze blew fog around us all afternoon.

Highlights were a Bonaparte's Gull and at least eight Rhinos at the Siuslaw
jetties, also 300 California, two ringbills and a few Heermann's.

Glaucous-wings, patchy on the Lane coast in summer, were at the Florence
jetties and at Heceta Head parking area.

Bob Creek offered a Harlequin Duck, about as early as I recall seeing one.

There were two xbills at Stonefield wayside.

Small numbers of Least and Western were at several sites and a Semi Sandpiper
was seen and heard at the crab dock cove, Florence.

Yachats was slow but offered a Western Grebe.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone