[obol] Re: Lane, yachats birds

  • From: whoffman@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:45:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Alan wrote: " there were about 70 Brown Pelicans on the rock at Heceta cove.
All but a few were adults."

I counted 460 pelicans at Yaquina Head this morning. There were about 30
immatures. I think this speaks to a couple of failed breeding seasons in So Cal
and Baja...We can expect the next one to be just as bad... good thing pelican
adults can live a long time.

Wayne