[obol] Lane Dawn Chorus +!

  • From: "Diane Pettey" <surfbird@xxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 06:38:31 -0700

At about 530, I was listening to bird song between rain showers. I glanced over to the "hav-a-hart" squirrel trap and saw that we'd caught a good-sized female FLYING SQUIRREL! This is only the second one we've seen at this home. (The first was within a few days after moving in.)

At our place in Elmira, we had a flyer feeder and would be entertained by their antics in the late evening and night. They are among the most gentle and beautiful of squirrels.

Oh yeah, the dawn chorus! Swainson's Thrush, Spotted Towhees (lots) and Violet-green Swallow.

Mike said this was the best of the birthday gifts he got this weekend!

cheers,
Diane Pettey/Mike McDermet
Heceta Beach, OR