[obol] Lane Coast Tropical Kingbird - yep

  • From: "Diane Pettey" <surfbird@xxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:00:30 -0700

The Tropical Kingbird reported by Alan Contreras is still present - although missing it's tail.

Sarah Vasconcellos and Sylvia Maulding and I enjoyed good views of the kingbird and heard a nearby Virginia Rail. Red Crossbills, a good-sized flock of Pine Siskins and trio of Gray Jays were entertaining too.

Ladybugs were migrating through.

After Sarah and Sylvia left, I drove a bit farther up Big Creek Road and found five Gray Jays, a Brown Creeper, Hairy Woodpecker and Golden-crowned Kinglets. Cape Creek at Heceta Head had an American Dipper paddling around in the creek, then flycatching - trying to catch a moth. Great fun to see.

good birding,
Diane Pettey
Heceta Beach, OR