[obol] JoCo Rufous Hummer

  • From: "Dennis Vroman" <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rogue Birds" <rv-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 14:49:31 -0800

And it wasn't at a feeder.  While doing a raptor survey today (02-23-14) and
looking through my binos, one flew into view coming right at me.  At first saw
that bright red-orange gorget, followed by that rust-colored body.  Along New
Hope Road, south of Grants Pass.  Was coming across a pasture.

Lots of TREE SWALLOWS and TURKEY VULTURES.  Singing WESTERN MEADOWLARKS.  8
GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE (with Canadas) along Williams Highway, not far
south of Provolt Store.

Dennis (north of Grants Pass)