[obol] Jefferson NAMC

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 21:36:16 -0700

Kim Owen and I spent the day birding in Jefferson County while participating in the NAMC. We saw 108 species which was a record for both of us for a single day in that county. Highlights included Redhead, Common Goldeneye, Mountain Quail, Western Grebe, Eared Grebe, 30 White-faced Ibis, Swainson's Hawk, Red-necked Phalarope, Caspian Tern, White-throated Swift, Lewis's Woodpecker, Clark's Nutcracker, Black-capped Chickadee and Townsend's Warbler. Big misses included Wilson's Phalarope, Vaux's Swift, Steller's Jay, Bank Swallow, Brown Creeper and Canyon Wren. Nice day for birding.

Here's the whole list

Canada Goose
Gadwall
Mallard
Cinnamon Teal
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Redhead
Ring-necked Duck
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Goldeneye
Common Merganser
Ruddy Duck
California Quail
Mountain Quail
Pied-billed Grebe
Eared Grebe
Western Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
White-faced Ibis
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Swainson's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Golden Eagle
American Kestrel
Prairie Falcon
Virginia Rail
American Coot
Killdeer
Spotted Sandpiper
Long-billed Dowitcher
Wilson's Snipe
Red-necked Phalarope
Ring-billed Gull
California Gull
Caspian Tern
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared Dove
Mourning Dove
White-throated Swift
Lewis' Woodpecker
Williamson's Sapsucker
Red-naped Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Gray Flycatcher
Dusky Flycatcher
Say's Phoebe
Western Kingbird
Warbling Vireo
Western Scrub-Jay
Clark's Nutcracker
Black-billed Magpie
American Crow
Common Raven
Horned Lark
Tree Swallow
Violet-green Swallow
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Barn Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
Black-capped Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Pygmy Nuthatch
Rock Wren

House Wren
Marsh Wren

Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Western Bluebird
Mountain Bluebird
American Robin
Sage Thrasher
European Starling
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Townsend's Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Western Tanager
Spotted Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow
Vesper Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Lazuli Bunting
Red-winged Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
Yellow-headed Blackbird
Brewer's Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Bullock's Oriole
House Finch
Red Crossbill
Lesser Goldfinch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,