[obol] Jackson County birds

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:38:56 -0800

Don Sutherlin and I went birding this morning and tried to relocate the Canyon
Wren photographed at Emigrant Lake. We could only come up with a ROCK WREN in
the same vicinity. We also noticed a SNOW GOOSE at the Oak Knoll Golf Course
feeding with Canada Geese.From there we drove up to Howard Prairie, but did not
see any magpies or Golden Eagles. The dark ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK was still at the
junction of Dead Indian Memorial Rd & Hyatt Prairie Rd. We also saw a NORTHERN
SHRIKE there.There was nothing unusual on Howard Prairie Lake, but Hyatt Lake
yielded 5 BALD EAGLES and 3 REDHEADS. American Coot numbers were estimated at
2500.
Good birding,
Russ Namitz
Medford