[obol] Re: Jackson Bottom Wetlands EARED GREBE

  • From: Steve Engel <Steve.Engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:32:18 -0700

3 Eared Grebes in alternate plumage were in the NE quadrant of Pintail Marsh
this morning at 1030.  All three were close together, well away from shore,
necks tucked in.

Steve Engel, Recreation Program Supervisor
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve | Parks and Recreation Department
2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy., Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone:  503-681-6283 |fax 503-681-6277
email:  steve.engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        #1:     From: "Tim Janzen" <tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Clackamas County Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
        #2:     From: Harry Nehls <hnehls6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] RBA: Portland, OR  5-29-14
        #3:     From: Treesa Hertzel <Autumn207@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert <daily>
        #4:     From: Tim Blount <harneybirder@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Malheur Black-bellied Plover
        #5:     From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Josephine County run
        #6:     From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Photos: Red-breasted Sapsucker Kills
Chestnut-backed
        #7:     From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Fwd: [ABA Rare Bird Alert] Add IDAHO to the
list of s
        #8:     From: Cheron Ferland <cheron.ferland@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Harlequin Ducks and Band-tailed Pigeons
(Oakridge and
        #9:     From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: [ABA Rare Bird Alert] Add IDAHO to the
list
        #10:    From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Black Phoebe Question
        #11:    From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
        #12:    From: "W. Douglas Robinson" <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] There's an app for that! Oregon 2020
        #13:    From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] óFwindows-1252?Q?Black_Phœbe_question?Date:
Thu, 29 M
        #14:    From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Video: American Bittern Doing It's Call Baskett
Sloug
        #15:    From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Malheur Burrowing Owl Directions
        #16:    From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Smith-Bybee American White Pelican
        #17:    From: Diana Byrne <diana.byrne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Re: Malheur Burrowing Owl Directions
        #18:    From: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
        #19:    From: "Sheran Wright" <sheran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        #20:    From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] Rose-breasted Grosbeak - Fields
        #21:    From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: [obol] String Theory

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Tim Janzen" <tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:29:04 -0700

Dear All,

I received an e-mail this evening that a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak was seen
about 8 pm at a feeder approximately 1 mile due east of Mt. Talbert.
This is in the Happy Valley/Clackamas area.  I will provide updates if I get
more information.  This is about the 4th or 5th county record that I know about.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 23:51:25 -0700
From: Harry Nehls <hnehls6@xxxxxxxxxxx>

* RBA
* Oregon
* Portland
* May 29, 2014
* ORPO1405.29
- birds mentioned

Eurasian Wigeon
HAWAIIAN PETREL
COOK¹S PETREL
American White Pelican
White-faced Ibis
Swainson¹s Hawk
Golden Eagle
Marbled Godwit
Sanderling
South-Polar Skua
RED-LEGGED KITTIWAKE
Sabine¹s Gull
Bonaparte¹s Gull
Franklin¹s Gull
Black Swift
White-headed Woodpecker
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER
American Redstart
NORTHERN PARULA
BLACKPOLL WARBLER
Clay-colored Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK
Tricolored Blackbird
GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE
BALTIMORE ORIOLE

- transcript

hotline: Portland Oregon Audubon RBA (weekly)
number: 503-292-6855
To report: Harry Nehls 503-233-3976  <hnehls6@xxxxxxxxxxx
compiler: Harry Nehls
coverage: entire state

Hello, this is the Audubon Society of Portland Rare Bird Report. This report
was made Thursday May 29. If you have anything to add call Harry Nehls at
503-233 3976.

On May 28 a male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK was photographed near Seal Rocks in
Lincoln County. Another ROSE-BREASTED was seen that day near Mt. Talbert in
Clackamas. A male BALTIMORE ORIOLE was coming to a feeder in Coos Bay during
the week. A pair of GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES continue at the Cave Junction Sewage
Ponds. One was at Lower Table Rock near Medford May 28. Several cruises far
offshore during the week found several HAWAIIAN PETRELS, COOK¹S PETRELS, and
SKUAS off southern Oregon. Two possible RED-LEGGED KITTIWAKES were reported May
24 in Warrenton.

During the week a MOCKINGBIRD, a bright male BLACKPOLL WARBLER, two CATBIRDS,
and a conspicuous WHITE-HEADED WOODPECKER were at Malheur Refuge Headquarters.
A NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH in Catlow Valley. A BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER at Page
Springs, a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at Fish Lake in the Steens Mt. A NORTHERN
PARULA photographed at Fields May 21, a male BALTIMORE ORIOLE at Acty Mt. in
southern Harney Co., a REDSTART and Cottonwood Creek, and two SANDERLINGS at
Alvord Lake.

A movement of BLACK SWIFTS during the week brought birds to South Beach, south
of Newport, near Neskowin, at Falls City west of Dallas, and one at Hatfield
Lake near Bend. A singing CLAY-COLORED SPARROW continue on the South Spit of
Coos Bay.

A SABINE¹S GULL was reported May 22 at Smith-Bybee Lakes in North Portland.
On May 28 a GOLDEN EAGLE flew over Mt. Tabor in Portland heading westerly.
During the week up to seven WHITE PELICANS and a BONAPARTE¹S GULL were at the
Fernhill Wetlands. A possible TRICOLORED BLACKBIRD is now coming to a feeder in
Wilsonville. An ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER was near Brownsville May 26. A
SWAINSON¹S HAWK was over Corvallis May 23. Up to 26 WHITE-FACED IBIS are now at
Fern Ridge Reservoir.

Up to 26 FRANKLIN¹S GULLS were seen during the week at Hatfield Lake near Bend.
On May 28 a late EURASIAN WIGEON and five MARBLE GODWITS were at the Summer
Lake WMA.

That¹s it for this week.

- end transcript

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Treesa Hertzel <Autumn207@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 05:59:05 -0700

*** Species Summary:

Greater Scaup (1 Harney)
Hawaiian Petrel (1 Lincoln)
Golden Eagle (2 Multnomah)
Black-bellied Plover (1 Harney)
Red-necked Phalarope (1 Deschutes)
Flammulated Owl (2 Josephine)
Costa's Hummingbird (1 Deschutes)
Bushtit (Interior) (2 Harney)
Gray Catbird (7 Harney)
Nashville Warbler (1 Lincoln)
Blackpoll Warbler (1 Harney)
Golden-crowned Sparrow (4 Harney)

The report below shows observations of rare birds in Oregon.  View this alert
on the web at http://ebird.org/ebird/alert/summary?sid=SN35555

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:07:01 -0700
From: Tim Blount <harneybirder@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,
Merle Greenway reports that the ESAC group found a Black-bellied Plover at the
end of the boat launch road on the refuge yesterday.

Cheers!

Tim Blount
www.harneybirder.com

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:01:31 -0700

Folks,

You may know that I'm working toward 200 species in every Oregon county, and
Josephine County is the last one.  As of Monday, I'd seen 188.  There were a
number of good sightings reported so I made a run.  Species marked with an
asterisk below were new additions for me.

Mon, May 26.

I met Russ Namitz for a trip up King Mountain in the NE corner of the county.
We found MOUNTAIN QUAIL , DUSKY FLYCATCHER, CASSIN'S VIREO, WARBLING VIREO &
TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE.  Then we found a SOOTY GROUSE*
booming.  On our way down the mountain we saw a plump Black Bear.   After
dark we went SE of Grants Pass and found FLAMMULATED OWLS* and W. SCREECH
OWLS.   Thanks, Russ.

Tues, May 27.

Near Selma I found WESTERN KINGBIRD.  I visited the Cave Junction sewage ponds
and found the male and female GREAT-TAILED GRACKLES*.

In the afternoon  I didn't find California Towhee or B-g gnatcatcher on
Rockydale Rd.  I went up USFS Rd 48 toward Weston Ridge and Althouse Mt.  I
found GOLDEN EAGLE*, MOUNTAIN QUAIL, PILEATED WOODPECKER, OLIVE-SIDED
FLYCATCHER, DUSKY FLYCATCHER,  MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE, HERMIT THRUSH, NASHVILLE
WARBLER,  GREEN-TAILED TOWHEE, FOX SPARROW.  Beautiful vistas of those peaks.
On the way down I saw another Black Bear and a hen SOOTY GROUSE by the road.

In the evening, I joined Romain & Christie Cooper for a run up USFS Rd 4803 to
Waldo Hill.  We found POORWILL*, W. SCREECH OWL, and BARRED OWL*.
Thanks, Romain & Christie.

Wed, May 28.

I birded the area behind the Merlin rest area on I-5 and found ASH-THROATED
FLYCATCHER and BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER.

From 8:30-1 o'clock I worked my way up King Mt and back down, looking in vain
for Hammond's Flycatcher.  No luck there.  I heard multiple YELLOW-BREASTED
CHATS.  Near the top I heard a WRENTIT.  On the way back down I called out a
PYGMY OWL which drew a crowd of Robins.

Six new species brings my tally to 194 species.  Still no Hammond's Flycatcher
or Evening Grosbeak.  BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAKS were abundant, and LAZULI BUNTINGS
were sprinkled about.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 10:04:21 -0700
Subject: [obol] Photos: Red-breasted Sapsucker Kills Chestnut-backed Chickadee
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>

A neighbor called me a few days ago and said the Red-breasted Sapsuckers were
back in the tree they nested in last year.  When I arrived to take photos my
neighbor said the sapsuckers had left but he saw them mate on the ground.  I
set up my tripod hoping they would come back.  There we several bird excavated
holes in this dead alder tree.  While waiting I noticed two Chestnut-backed
Chickadees going in and out of one of the holes with bugs for their young. They
were coming to the nest site about once every minute.  The Red-breasted
Sapsuckers returned and I took some photos of them too.  One of the sapsuckers
kept looking at the chickadee nesting hole and putting it's head inside like it
was curious what was going on in there.  I thought to myself I hope it doesn't
bother them.  The other sapsucker was pounding on the tree higher up, so I
thought it might be making a new nesting cavity for them to use.  I took
several more pictures and thought I would return the next day for better
morning light on the nesting hole of the chickadees.
      The next morning I went and set of my tripod for photos and the
Chestnut-backed Chickadees were feeding their young.  After a few minutes the
sapsuckers returned and one kept looking in the nest hole of the chickadee's.
I thought the hole was too small for the sapsucker to go in but to my surprise
it went through the hole inside the cavity.  It was a tight fit.  The sapsucker
started throwing nesting material from the chickadee nest out the hole and
repeated this several times.  To my shock it started pushing the young
chickadee babies out the hole until they dropped about 15 feet to the ground.
After doing that it continued throwing the rest of the nesting material out of
the hole.  I went over a looked at the two babies laying on the ground.  One
was dead and the other was alive but didn't look well.  I picked up some of the
nesting material and placed it in the middle of a nearby fern.  I then placed
the live baby chickadee on the nesting material hoping the parents would find
it and continue feeling it.  The baby chickadee died a short time later.
     l felt really bad for the chickadee babies and their parents.  As a bird
watcher and a photographer I felt that I was there to observe and not to
intervene  in what was happening in nature.  I could have scared the sapsuckers
away but they would have returned after I left  and probably done the same
thing.  I think the sapsuckers had made the cavity earlier in the season and in
the mean time the chickadee's had moved their nest in.
It was time for the sapsuckers to nest so they did what they had to do.
     I felt like I had witnessed on a small scale what a photographer must feel
like in Africa when a lion kills an animal.  I felt a little sick to my
stomach.  We expect this behavior from predator birds like eagles and hawks but
I didn't expect witnessing woodpeckers doing this!
     I was feeling depressed about what I had just seen when I noticed a couple
of birds coming towards me hopping on the ground.  It was Chestnut-backed
fledglings from another nesting site nearby.  They looked like they had just
fledged and could only fly about a foot or two in distance.  I took some photos
of them being fed by their parents.  Seeing this renewed my spirit in nature.
     Warning: please do not look at these photos if your think it might bother
you!!  I was only recording what was happening in nature at that moment and
nature can be beautiful but also disturbing at times.
     Click on link below for photos.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/6018638554142124961
?authkey=CODZ-ZWq5oSklgE

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [ABA Rare Bird Alert] Add IDAHO to the list of states/prov
From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:19:07 -0700

‹¥têÞ‚‰Ûzw±·ðÚ½â+¢{z{_®‰¦Ê#á¢wz§~Šðj·^vg¬±¨ÿñk¢oÿ5«ajt°‰Éÿþz-‰øœjبŸé+Ã)&n¿ßiÇ›¢‰&j)ÿr‰ÿü6­{óËoÿÛMx×OõãýzŠæ¢¶§¶ÏÂ…ë-z¿Èm5ãü0Ã÷å‰É+ýÊ&ýø«²Û-j׫yÊ+wñhºw[È)b}õžŠËÿõb{è²Ú'§nŠ$ÿñŠÑ&j)RzÛbž
ÿý©—+h¶¬zf¢–ÚuÖœ¢iž

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Subject: [obol] Harlequin Ducks and Band-tailed Pigeons (Oakridge and beyond)
From: Cheron Ferland <cheron.ferland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:24:50 -0700

Yesterday (5/28) I saw two pair of Harlequin Ducks loafing on a gravel bar on
the north bank of Salmon Creek in Oakridge about 0.25 miles upstream of the
Fish Hatchery Road crossing.

On the 24th, Peter Sanzenbacher and I encountered 5 Band-tailed Pigeons just
uphill of Campers Flat Campground along Rd. 21 on the WILLAMETTE National
Forest. They were in the newly restored savanna area know as "Jim's Creek"

~ Cheron Ferland
(Oakridge, OR)

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:37:43 -0700
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: [ABA Rare Bird Alert] Add IDAHO to the list of states/
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Dave and all,
That's a species which has been on my radar as a potential addition to the
Oregon state list for a while now. I was certainly checking out the cormorants
at Malheur this past weekend - so far, to no avail.:-)

Good birding

Hendrik

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM, David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could Oregon be next?
>
> Dave Irons
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* "Nathan Swick" <notification+krwykmbr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> *Date:* May 29, 2014 10:14:16 AM PDT
> *To:* ABA Rare Bird Alert <ABArare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> *Subject:* *[ABA Rare Bird Alert] Add IDAHO to the list of
> states/provinces adding...*
> *Reply-To:* Reply to Comment <
> g+41wx7cc4000000i4zhg2006xh7jf8pat0000009a695d2n146@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> g+m>
>
> Nathan Swick posted in ABA Rare Bird Alert
> <https://www.facebook.com/n/?groups%2FABArare%2Fpermalink%2F7038049696
> 80149%2F&areft550471&medium=email&midŸ16816G415f4f12G4718cc7G96Gc3aa&b
> code=1.1401383656.AbmOM_JkrTIpcBtV&n_m=llsdirons%40msn.com>
> [image: Nathan Swick]
> <https://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.php&idV1283537&areft550471&medium
> =email&midŸ16816G415f4f12G4718cc7G96Gc3aa&bcode=1.1401383656.AbmOM_Jkr
> TIpcBtV&n_m=llsdirons%40msn.com>Nathan
> Swick
> <https://www.facebook.com/n/?profile.php&idV1283537&areft550471&medium
> =email&midŸ16816G415f4f12G4718cc7G96Gc3aa&bcode=1.1401383656.AbmOM_Jkr
> TIpcBtV&n_m=llsdirons%40msn.com>
> 10:14am May 29
> Add IDAHO to the list of states/provinces adding NEOTROPIC CORMORANT
> to their list in the last few years. That state's apparent first state
> record was found earlier this week in Fremont Co.
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/l/cAQG4cjObAQEet0JZTgzwXy_6aBG1mrcSydxQXoGz7
> PFYJw/https%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/50655108%40N05/14276013643/>Neot
> ropic Cormorant (center in focus) with Double-crested Cormorants,
> Chester, ID 2014
> <https://www.facebook.com/l/7AQHOHcTFAQGVCL9e3-AzMjeaDNN4vV1gA92uuC08m
> wgsUA/https%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/50655108%40N05/14276013643/>
> www.flickr.com
> <https://www.facebook.com/l/7AQHOHcTFAQGVCL9e3-AzMjeaDNN4vV1gA92uuC08m
> wgsUA/https%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/50655108%40N05/14276013643/>
> first state record. Found by Cliff Weisse
>
> View Post on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/n/?groups%2FABArare%2Fpermalink%2F7038049696
> 80149%2F&areft550471&medium=email&midŸ16816G415f4f12G4718cc7G96Gc3aa&b
> code=1.1401383656.AbmOM_JkrTIpcBtV&n_m=llsdirons%40msn.com>
> · Edit Email Settings
> <https://www.facebook.com/n/?settings&tab=notifications&section=group_
> notification&areft550471&medium=email&midŸ16816G415f4f12G4718cc7G96Gc3
> aa&bcode=1.1401383656.AbmOM_JkrTIpcBtV&n_m=llsdirons%40msn.com>

__________________________
Hendrik G. Herlyn
Corvallis, OR

*"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."     -- Gary Snyder*

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:39:17 +0000

Hi Folks,
I and some of the local birders I am associated with have been talking about
the paucity of Black Phoebes in the Willamette Valley this season.  I have not
seen one since January, and the two places in the county where they nested last
year, are vacant this year.  We are surmising that the cold spell this winter
killed them off.  I would be interested in a discussion to see if others have
the same outlook.  It could be very local in Polk County, or we could just be
missing them altogether.  The latter seems unrealistic because a few of us have
birded quite extensively in the last few months, and it would seem we would
have had some success.

It may be that this species would need to repopulate itself if there was indeed
a die off?
Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest

From: "W. Douglas Robinson" <w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13:19:35 -0700

Hi all

We wanted to share with you that the Oregon 2020 Birds app is available for
both iPhone and Androids now.

Search Oregon 2020 Birds on iTunes for the iPhone version and Google Play for
Android version.

The app is for finding the locations of the Oregon 2020 hotspot squares.

Please check it out!

If you don't have a smart phone or tablet yet, you can still find the maps
online. We have an html5 version (does not require Silverlight to be
downloaded, and you can access it from your phone if you want...but why? We
have an app for that!). Online maps are here:

http://tools.oregonexplorer.info/oe_map_viewer_2_0/html5/?viewer=oregon2020

Check out the oregon2020.com web page for more details.

Thanks for helping leave a legacy of bird data for future generations!

Doug and the Oregon 2020 team
------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [obol] óFwindows-1252?Q?Black_Phœbe_question?Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 13

    I live outside the species' present range, just barely. I experienced
temperatures as low as 2-5 degrees Fahrenheit in early December in Polk and
Benton Counties. I was interested to see plenty of Anna's Hummingbirds the rest
of the winter and into spring. The absence of phœbes wouldn't surprise me.  Lars
------------------------------

Msg: #14 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:14:03 -0700
Subject: [obol] Video: American Bittern Doing It's Call Baskett Slough NWR
From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>

I haven't given up on trying to post a video of an American Bittern doing
it's call.  This time I am trying a link through You Tube.  Thanks for your
patience and I hope it works.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.  Click on link
below.

http://youtu.be/U32o-m07jH4

------------------------------

Msg: #15 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:15:22 -0700
From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxx>

I think it's on Ruh Red. How many miles down Ruh Red is it if I'm traveling
South on Frenchglen Highway/205? Right or Left?
James Billstine

------------------------------

Msg: #16 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 15:59:26 -0700
From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>

This afternoon a single AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN was soaring over the far end
of Bybee Lake.
Also a GREEN HERON flew over the parking lot towards Smith Lake.

Andy Frank

------------------------------

Msg: #17 in digest
From: Diana Byrne <diana.byrne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 17:52:57 -0700

I saw a Burrowing Owl today on the north side of Ruh Red Road, 3.3 miles east
of Hwy 205.
- Diana Byrne

Subject: Malheur Burrowing Owl Directions

Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:08:52 -0700
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>

LAST YEAR THERE WAS BUSY COLONY ALONG HIGHWAY EAST OF LAWEN AND JUST EAST
OF CRYSTAL CRANE HOT SPRINGS...IT WAS ON NORTH SIDE OF HIGHWAY

--
Harry Fuller
author of FREEWAY BIRDING, see: *freewaybirding.com

------------------------------

Msg: #19 in digest
From: "Sheran Wright" <sheran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:14:56 -0700

There is also a Burrowing Owl on Princeton Road.  When leaving MNWR
headquarters, turn left on the gravel road and head toward Princeton.  On the
right side of the road, you will come to a windmill and stock pond.  We saw the
bird twice just east of there.
Sheran Wright

  Date: Thu May 29 2014 16:16 pm
  From: billstinj AT sou.edu
I think it's on Ruh Red. How many miles down Ruh Red is it if I'm
travelingSouth on Frenchglen Highway/205? Right or Left?James Billstine

------------------------------

Msg: #20 in digest
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 19:26:05 -0600

a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak was at the Fields oasis this morning.

------------------------------

Msg: #21 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 20:06:29 -0700
From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>