[obol] Re: Inca Dove report on ebird

  • From: bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 19:58:20 -0700

Here is how it could happen:

The birder is using BirdLog.
The birder is out of range for Internet or cell phone access.  The program
cannot determine the birder's location, so it cannot generate a
location-specific bird list.  Instead, it offers up a generic list that
includes scads of out-of-area birds - quite possibly more than in-area birds.
The list is pretty annoying to work through because it is so long.  The birder,
being annoyed at the more time-consuming tallying process, may well become more
error-prone as a result.

Barbara Combs
(who has spent way too much time in the boonies on BirdLog)

Sent from my iPad