[obol] Re: Hurray for Barb and her backyard oriole!

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 07:51:17 -0700

Joel et al.

I am happy to report that Barb is fairing quite well and pretty spry for
her 88 years.  She has hosted numerous rare birds in her backyard over the
years, I think this is her third or fourth Hooded Oriole. I make sure and
contact her when chaseable rarities show up locally also, as she doesn't
get out as often as she use to but still drives her van around chasing some
of the local rarities that get unearthed.  She wishes she could run off to
fun warmer places like Texas in the winter or go over to Malheur NWR more
often, but has been spending less time on the road. Anyhow, since she
doesn't get to see birders more often, she is happy to have birder visitors
at her place.

A big Hi from Barb to all those Oregon Birders she has met over the years!

Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay