[obol] Re: Hummingbird Migration Madness 3/18/2019

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 09:34:58 -0700

I will also note that Selasphorus hummers, and Anna's too, are very abundant  in our yard this year and very busy, plus  I am hearing many at Bandon Dunes Golf resort.    Good year for them.

North of Bandon Coos Cty
Cheers
Dave Lauten

On 3/18/2019 8:11 AM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:

Currently walking around Millicoma Marsh, Coos Bay. The willows are in full flower and the Rufous Hummers are EVERYWHERE- truly amazing. I have seen HUNDREDS (in a mile+ long walk), in any one spot I stop I see 3-5 buzzing around. Both males and females. Also some Annas but mostly Rufous. Displaying males galore.

Also singing Sooty Fox Sparrows in full song and the first C YELLOWTHROATS calling (at least three). Tree Swallows too- yesterday VGs at the house in Coos Bay. Heard Audubon Warblers and Purple Finches singing on N Spit Coos Bay yesterday.

Never seen so many hummers!

Beautiful morning,
Tim R
Coos Bay