[obol] Re: How about those Siskins?

  • From: Gerard Lillie <gerardlillie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:20:35 -0700

Here on Mt. Tabor in Portland they showed up about six weeks ago. I had not
seen or heard any before that this so-called winter. I heard a flyover of a
small group of RED CROSSBILLS yesterday, the first I have heard here since some
occasional sightings in mid December.

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR

Subject: [obol] Re: How about those Siskins?

Dear Pamela,In Happy Valley in SE Portland, PINE SISKINS made a major move into
my area about 3 weeks ago as well.  I only had one record all winter long until
about 3 weeks ago when I began hearing or seeing them almost every day I was
birding.Sincerely,Tim Janzen Subject: [obol] How about those Siskins? In the
last 2-3 weeks I have begun to see Pine Siskins daily, at my feeders and in
various places near home as well as in Yamhill, SE Portland and the outer
reaches of Dallas. There are never more than 10 and often closer to 3.
Pamela Johnston