[obol] Hearing Birds

  • From: Kevin Smith <kevinsmithnaturephotos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:41:34 -0800

For those of us who can't hear birds singing there IS a solution.  However, over some period of time the 'Songfinder' which has been built in a garage (no not THAT garage) has been used in search engines and for some reason got hijacked.  The company now is located at http://hearbirdsagain.com/.  There you can 'test out' various frequency changes which allow you to hear a good representation of the bird you would love to hear (click on 'hear for yourself').  One of these days I intend to upgrade my unit to the new improved version. Typical of technology they have made the unit smaller and it can now really fit in a normal shirt pocket.

I have told people that the Songfinder is the best money I have spent on birding equipment and I mean it.  Better than binoculars.  Better than a long lens for my camera.  You can find and see birds by sight, BUT until you can hear the birds sing your image of them is incomplete.  The Songfinder fills in the gap.  Go to the website http://hearbirdsagain.com/ and give it a try.

Do I get a commission on the sales?  NO! BUT I sure wish I did.

Kevin Smith