[obol] Re: Harry Nehls

  • From: Linda Fink <linda@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 10:32:14 -0700

Thanks to all who wrote of the impact Harry Nehls had on them and on Oregon birding. I never met Harry in person but he was the BBS person all the time my husband and I ran a route from 2007, when Roy Gehrig gave it up and helped us get started, until our aging ears gave up on us. Our last route was in 2016. Turned out that our "Riley Peak" route, Harry told me, starting in Valley of the Giants, was retired that year anyway. Harry always answered my many newbie questions thoroughly and politely, no question too dumb for his kind patience. He was a great ambassador for Oregon birds and the Oregon birding community and a tireless champion for Breeding Bird Surveys.

Linda Fink

--

*******