[obol] Harris's Sparrow At Feeder- Silverton

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Sightings <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:35:49 -0800

We have a HARRIS'S SPARROW intermittently at our feeder. We have seen it three
times and always with dim
light in very early AM or getting dark PM so photo is difficult. It doesn't
seem to be bonding with the sparrow flock
like "Birds of Oregon" mentions so not as easy to see as the Minto-Brown Park
bird in Salem many years ago and the bird
up at Sauvie's Island. I have a couple of blurry photos so far and keep hoping
for better light and/or more frequent showing.

We hope we can spot if for Silverton CBC week or CBC itself. Silverton CBC has
been set for Dec. 28th.

good birding,
John Thomas
5 mi NE of Salem