[obol] Harlequin ducks and Brant Simpson's Reef

  • From: Sunny Yahoo <sunny_phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oregon bird list <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:46:46 -0700

We saw 6 Harlequin ducks again today and the Brant while volunteering at
Simpson's reef
between 10 and 3. Grey whales were reported at Cape Arago. In addition we saw
an Osprey catch a fish (no Bald Eagle around to steal the fish again), Brown
Pelicans, Common Murres and a Great Blue Heron.

The ducks are working the area on the south edge of the rocks and the Brant was
seen on the north edge of the rocks.
~~~~

Sunny Phillips
850-445-6555(cell)