[obol] Re: HUDSONIAN not Marbled Godwit at Jackson Bottom

  • From: "Charles R. Gates" <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 09:19:01 -0700

Unless I'm mistaken, this is a Washington County first.  Anyone disagree?

If you want to see complete checklists for all Oregon Counties (or if you just want to print off a day list without all the rarities), go to http://ecbcbirds.org/birdingoregon/CheckLists/tabid/162/Default.aspx and print away.

On 5/26/2013 7:03 PM, Shawneen wrote:
Scott, you are right. This certainly isn't a Marbled, which is a great Washington County bird. This a HUDSONIAN GODWIT.

Shawneen

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Scott Carpenter <slcarpenter@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:slcarpenter@xxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* May 26, 2013, 6:48:41 PM PDT
*To:* Portland Area Birds <portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:portland-area-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Subject:* *Re: [PortlandAreaBirds] Marbled Godwit at Jackson Bottom*
*Reply-To:* slcarpenter@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:slcarpenter@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks, Steve, for the detailed directions.

I saw a godwit there that I believe to be a breeding female HUDSONIAN GODWIT. I put four heavily cropped images online at http://bit.ly/1aoB4EF

I also briefly saw an potentially interesting Tringa at the same location.

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Steve Halpern <srh@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:srh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Leslie Meserve, Michael Screen, and I saw a Marbled Godwit,at
    Jackson Bottom today, Sunday May 26th, at about noon. We had
    excellent views and watched it feeding for 15 minutes in the same
    spot. I am including a link to a satellite view of exactly where
    we observed the bird.

    http://www.stevenrhalpern.com/location-marbled-godwit.jpg
-- -- Portland Area Birds has a web interface that allows you to post,
    unsubscribe, and change your settings. There is a message archive.

    ---
    Google Groups "Portland Area Birds" group.
    send an email to portland-area-birds+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott Carpenter
Portland, Oregon

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Portland Area Birds" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to portland-area-birds+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:portland-area-birds+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Chuck Gates
Crook County High School
NAMC State Coordinator - East Cascades Audubon Society
Online Oregon Birding Site Guide - birdingoregon.info
541-280-4957