[obol] Gold Beach, OR -11 October 2015

  • From: "Dan Heyerly" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "daheyerly" for DMARC)
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:02:45 -0700

After striking out on finding a breakfast joint in Gold Beach that opened
before 7:00am, we hit the McKay's Market deli & bakery for provisions & headed
for the mouth of the Rogue River.
Over the next 2.5 hours (until 9:45approx) we counted:

91 Elegant Tern (I counted many small groups going up the river)
1 BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATER (plus one more maybe)
1 Pink-footed Shearwater
6 Parasitic Jaeger (attacking p-f shear & elegants)
100+ Heerman's Gull
20 Brown Pelican
5 Caspian Tern
plus many other common & expected species e-bird enthusiasts are wont to list
for each stop. Sorry. Cynicism is free.
Dan & Anne Heyerly

Sent from me to you!