[obol] Glossy Ibis, Diamond, prob relocated bird

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 19:00:16 -0700

On my own, I spent a couple of hours birding wet fields around Diamond to follow up on the sighting mentioned by Jeff Gilligan, Gerard Lillie and Richard Smith. I saw hundreds of White-faced Ibis and ONE GLOSSY IBIS right behind the school at Diamond. Dark eye, dark facial area, but I was surprised that the "white" border below the eye wasn't too blue. I watched it for a long time and never saw a red eye or any pink in the face. No white going behind the eye etc. judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx