[obol] Re: GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE IN JACKSON COUNTY

  • From: "Robert O'Brien" <baro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:06:27 -0700

& don't forget roadrunner!

On Thursday, April 30, 2015, Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's a complete list as of today, but with milder winters we may get
some fan palms which could bring Hooded Orioles and I suspect the next few
years may confirm breeding California Thrasher on our southern edge where
it is xeric and there are junipers not cedars...and then could Lawrence's
Goldfinch and Phainopepla be far behind? They breed less than 120 air
miles from here already down in the Sacto Valley...I really dream that WF
IbIs will finally find our small marshy bits, or even a breeding Great
Egret which now are only here in winter, ditto the Lewis's Woodpecker, a
common wintering bird that breeds SOUTH of us!!

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 7:26 AM, Robert O'Brien <baro@xxxxxxx> wrote:

A fascinating distributional update. Any other species?
Bob obrien carver or

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015, Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Our latest invader from the south

https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/the-master-icterid-of-jackson-county/
Also at Denman today American Bittern and Sora
--
Harry Fuller
author of FREEWAY BIRDING, see: freewaybirding.com