[obol] [Fwd: [birding] Sad news about Diana Brin]

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:43:06 -0700

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
To: MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mid-Valley Nature
<mid-valley-nature@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [birding] Sad news about Diana Brin
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:18:48 -0700

Hi all,

With sadness I learned today that Diana Brin passed away on October 1st.

Corvallis Audubon members will remember Diana as a board member and
officer a few years back. My own interactions with her were limited, but
always positive.

Diana was a Hawaiian who arrived here by way of New York. Her interests
were very broad-ranging. She very quickly gained an understanding of the
Willamette Valley, and then she went on learning more. I can't think of
any better word to describe her but "dynamic."

I hope others who knew Diana better will share their remembrances. Sorry
if this comes to you as a shock, as it did to me.

Mahalo,
Joel

--
Joel Geier