[obol] [Fwd: Fwd: Marys Peak Cassin's Finch pair, Pine Siskins, and Yellow-rumped Warbler(s)]

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:16:04 -0700

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
To: MidValley Birds <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd: Marys Peak Cassin's Finch pair, Pine Siskins, and
Yellow-rumped Warbler(s)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:58:02 -0700

Hi all,

I just happened across this list on the ebird database. We have not seen
many reports from Marys Peak lately, and this one contains several
interesting species. Besides the CASSIN'S FINCH pair which is remarkable
for breeding season (though sometimes few migrants show up in fall),
this is the first local report of PINE SISKINS that I've seen for a long
time. YELLOW-RUMPED (AUDUBON'S) WARBLERS nest somewhat irregularly on
Marys Peak, so it's always worth reporting them if you find them.

Happy birding,
Joel

--

Mary's Peak Rd., from Conner's Camp to top
Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:30 AM

Species
3 Mountain Quail
3 Sooty Grouse
1 Red-tailed Hawk
X Band-tailed Pigeon
2 Hairy Woodpecker
X Northern Flicker
1 Pileated Woodpecker
X Hammond's Flycatcher
X Pacific-slope Flycatcher
X Warbling Vireo
X Steller's Jay
X Common Raven
X Chestnut-backed Chickadee
X Red-breasted Nuthatch
X Brown Creeper
X Pacific Wren
X Golden-crowned Kinglet
X Swainson's Thrush
X Hermit Thrush
X American Robin
X Varied Thrush
X Orange-crowned Warbler
X Yellow-rumped Warbler
X Hermit Warbler
X Wilson's Warbler
X White-crowned Sparrow
X Dark-eyed Junco
X Western Tanager
1 Lazuli Bunting
2 Cassin's Finch
1 male, 1 female, feeding in the tops of sublalpine fir, observed
perched for some time, then flew. Vocalizations.
X Red Crossbill
X Pine Siskin
X American Goldfinch
X Evening Grosbeak