[obol] Re: Fw: [birds-pix] Birding Adventure - Rescuing a Sarus Crane [1 Attachment]

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pat2ly@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 21:59:34 -0700

Hello Pat,

Thank you much for the interesting story about Cranes!   Cool stuff.

With that said, can I ask that we don't send attachments to OBOL. Attachments are often treated as viruses or suspicious attachments or potential bad stuff for computers, plus they can be rather large files. Both these things are a danger to the OBOL community, so we ask that we avoid attaching things to OBOL emails. Fortunately, being the courageous moderator that I am, I checked your attachment and it does in fact include info on cranes and not a virus, so good news there! However, if you want most others on OBOL to read it, it's best not to attach it because my guess is a lot of people deleted it because they were scared it might be a spam email. Oops. All good, as no harm done, and you gave me an opportunity to let everyone know, please don't send attachments. Either send the link to webpage or point us all in the direction where we can find the story.

Cheers
Dave Lauten
OBOL moderator