[obol] Florence birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 17:54:03 -0800

Not exactly Florence birds. I am doing a regular survey of birds using the
Waite Ranch marshlands just east of Cushman.  This property is now owned by
McKenzie Trust and will be reverted to natural salt marsh over the next few
years, so regular counts are being done.

Nothing too strange on today's survey. The wintering Swamp Sparrow is still
there. Lots of Lincoln's. Singing Marsh Wrens in pretty much every possible
place. I did see one meadowlark, which might end up breeding there.

Plenty of Tree Swallows and a small flock of vultures. A pair of Wood Ducks and
small numbers of other quackers.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx