[obol] Fish Lake Surf Scoter

  • From: Mark Nikas <elepaio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:02:31 -0700

I stopped by Fish Lake in western Linn County while enroute to Malheur. The
Surf Scoter I reported there on the 12th is still there and still in the
company of a female Barrow's Goldeneye. The numbers of Goldeneye have
exploded after I commented how few were there last visit. Today I counted
57 and there were likely others hidden. The scoter was on the NE part of
the lake off shore from the old guard station cabin.  A Townsends Solitaire
was perching on the rails of the old guard station compound.

Mark Nikas