[obol] Fields, Harney County birding

  • From: Craig Miller <gismiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:11:23 -0700

Hi all,

Thursday, while I was doing field work in the Steens, Marilyn went to
Fields where she saw a male Black-throated Blue Warbler and an Ovenbird (as
well as a lot of Yellow-rumped Warblers).. We went back yesterday, hoping
to find more rarities, but only came up with a Great-tailed Grackle. There
were lots of Warbling Vireos, Townsends Warblers, and Western Tanagers, but
only a single Yellow-rumped Warbler. Great stuff moving through every day...

Good birding!

Craig Miller
Bend, Oregon