[obol] Fern Ridge birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:21:13 -0700

Roger Robb and I poked around the Royal Avenue ponds this morning.  At least
three Pac Goldens continue just west of the platform, pulling worms from the
wetter muddy areas.  There may be more, as we saw one fly off far to the
north with two bellies, but an hour later there were still three in the
area.   I photographed three different birds.

We also found one Semi Sandpiper, an imm. BC Night-Heron and a variety of
the usual shorebirds and waterfowl.  Roger was still hunting the
Clay-colored when I left (it was seen this morning by others).

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

Now available by this author:

College and State. How states regulate colleges.

The Mind on Edge: John Jay Chapman's philosophy of higher education.

Song After All: the Letters of Reginald Shepherd and Alan Contreras.