[obol] Fern Ridge Hooded Mergansers and Bonaparte's Gull

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 19:19:24 -0700

I birded the Royal Ave/Fisher Butte sections of Fern Ridge this morning.
 The pond between the Royal parking lot and the platform had four Hooded
Mergansers.  They appeared to female and/or immature.

The large pond near the platform had a single Bonaparte's Gull.  Its
plumage contained a decent amount of brown/tan, so I'm assuming that this
was an immature bird.

I had intended to stay longer, but the grass pollen allergens are pretty
bad right now.

Brandon
Eugene