[obol] Fern Ridge 8/3, Take 2

  • From: Brandon Green <brandon.green18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 12:40:16 -0700

Oops, hit the wrong key.  Let's try again...

I birded the Royal Ave. area of Fern Ridge this morning.  The mostly-cloudy
skies and breeze out of the north made for an unusually nice morning.  The
birding around the Royal Ave. platform was not bad, considering the lack of
water.  I was joined by Al Priggie and some others later on.  Highlights
included the PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER, at least two BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, two
SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS, about 20 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS, a YELLOWLEGS (too
distant to tell which), a couple of WESTERN SANDPIPERS, and a few more
far-off unidentified PEEPS.  Hatch-year BLACK TERNS were also present.

I took a walk down to the Barn Pond, which was far less productive and
overwhelmingly dry.  Many SAVANNAH SPARROWS and YELLOWTHROATS (including
fledglings of both) along the way, but not much else of note.

Full list is on eBird.

Brandon
Eugene