[obol] Feeder birds NW of Eugene

  • From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 18:10:52 -0800

The WHITE-THROATED SPARROW count peaked at 6 today.  I put out fresh seed
around 3:30 p.m., and a plethora of small birds came to gobble it up.
That's when all 6 appeared at once.

Two competitive ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRDS have been coming to my feeder.  They
tend to want to start tanking up for the evening a little before 4:00 p.m.
I had to switch feeders only a couple of times today because the sun kept
the active one warm enough.  I switched near the end of the day when the
sun was behind the trees just to give them solution that was a little
warmer.

A RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER arrived in the yard very late in the afternoon.

--
Barbara Combs   obie '70
Lane County, OR