[obol] FOS in yard Purple Finches, Townsend's Warbler, etc.

  • From: "L Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 15:11:26 -0700

First-of-season birds in yard today, Purple Finches and a Townsend's
Warbler. Here are a few photos and videos of the Purple Finches.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/WewDJc

Have been watching mini-bird flocks for Mountain Chickadee, but only
Black-capped and Chestnut-backed so far.

Did pick up my first in a long time Ruby-crowned Kinglet Monday morning
while doing my ski machine, and Hutton's Vireo yesterday.

FOS Varied Thrush was on 10/3, and have heard them singing several mornings
since.

There are still more than the usual number of Red-breasted Nuthatches, and
they are still very vocal. This video is from a month ago, but the
situation is about the same. Lots of RBNU chit-chat going on.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canyoneagle/96840t

Lori Markoff

Eugene (South Hills)