[obol] Re: Eugene crossbills

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Gerard Lillie <gerard.lillie@xxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:38:57 +0000

Red Crossbills have been conspicuous around our place in southwest Portland for
the past three months and I have been hearing them nearly every day as I work
around McMinnville and Yamhill County. Seems like at least two call types are
represented in the flyovers.
Dave IronsPortland, OR

Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:57:06 +0000
From: gerard.lillie@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [obol] Re: Eugene crossbills

I think I forgot to mention them in my post yesterday regarding birds seen on
the Wed. bird song walk on Mt. Tabor. We had a small group fly overhead,
probably less then ten birds. I have been away from Portland a fair amount this
spring but when I have been here there have been groups of up to 20 birds
flying around my neighborhood and the park at least every few days or so.

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR

On May 15, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Alan Contreras wrote:

I was surprised to have a flock of about twenty Red Crossbills fly over my
apartment by Delta Ponds today.  I have not had any around since winter.

--
Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx