[obol] Escapee artist

  • From: Andrew Tillinghast <andrewtillinghast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 00:51:54 -0700

I heard a terrible sound this afternoon that turned out to be a truly
beautiful, if out of place, bird. It was just after the heaviest of the
rain and I was standing on the edge of Kellogg Creek, behind my house in
Milwaukie. A huge, brilliant red and gold ground bird strutted into view
among the ash trees there. I immediately wished I wasn't savvy enough to
discount this outlandish creature as a mere exotic.

I lamely googled "golden pheasant" and there it was, a Golden Pheasant.
Anyone know anything about these things? I heard something about a game
farm in Estacada being "liberated." Maybe that's the source?

It's currently roosting in a big old cedar. Perhaps I'll try to lure him
into the house tomorrow with peanuts.

Andrew Tillinghast
Milwaukie

--
Sent from a cell phone so please read leniently.