[obol] Re: Emperor Good near Glide

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnorgren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:15:14 -0700

A first fall Emperor Goose would not have the adult-like plumage yet.  I
suspect that this is a bird that summered somewhere nearby.  There have been
summering birds in the past at Nehalem Meadows (Tillamook Co, and the lower
Sandy River, Multnomah Co., and perhaps elsewhere that I am not remembering off
hand).  The chances that it might have summered would be heightened if it is
now with non-migratory Canada Geese.  Neither of the earlier mentioned
summering birds were with other geese though.

Jeff Gilligan