[obol] EWEB access guidelines reminder (location of Lane Say's Phoebe)

  • From: Vjera Thompson <nemesisquail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:53:54 -0800

Hi all,

I thought I'd send a quick follow up to Vickie's email about a Say's Phoebe
at the EWEB site (located at Roosevelt just east of Beltline in Eugene).
We have special guidelines we need to follow when on site, that Barb Combs
posted about back in April. Here's what Barb found out from the EWEB GM,
Roger Gray:

*"..birding is allowed and that there is no special authorization needed.
In the future, my Security staff may ask you or others what you are doing

*"If you come during weekdays, we’d ask that you use the visitor parking
that is closest to the main building entry. To access the main parking lot
turn right before the flag poles. If you come after hours or on the
weekend, please park safely where you need for your observations. If you
leave your car, maybe leave a copy of this email from Nate and me [Roger
Gray, GM] on your dashboard. Also, do lock your car. Please also feel
free to use the nice woodchip trail around the property. For safety
reasons, we also ask that people not walk on the main road that goes
to/from the back gate where our larger trucks come and go.*

*Our EWEB biologists and I would be interested in your [eBird] census if
it is something you can share." *

Thanks,

Vjera Thompson

Eugene, OR