[obol] EURASIAN WIGEON - Silverton

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:10:55 -0700

Saw a very  bright EURASIAN WIGEON on Torvend Rd Pond (just west of Silverton)
at noon today. Came by again at 3 PM with camera ready but couldn't relocate
the bird. Wood Ducks, American Wigeon, Ring-necked Ducks, DC Cormorants, a
Greater Yellowlegs, Pied-billed Grebe, and Canada Geese were also on the pond.

We went to Baskett Slough NWR in early afternoon and saw mostly Northern
Shovelers, PIntails and American Coot along with several large Cackler flocks
and common raptors like Bald Eagles.  Saw someone looking for the Shrike at
west end of Narrows but only realized what he was doing when we were long gone.
Hope he had luck with the shrike. Have seen them here in Marion County up by
Silver Falls State Park a couple years ago.

John Thomas
Silverton-Mt Angel area