[obol] ELEGANT TERNS Yaquina

  • From: david smith <smithdwd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol freelists <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 03:44:47 +0000

5 ELEGANT TERNS(1 Juv) finally found about 3 pm on a narrow sand spit behind
MSC. At noon the top/road of the bridge and the channel were in fog. When I
left at 3pm I could NOT see the jetty"ends" though sun had reached inland. The
NOAA "dredging" plateau had a couple hundred gulls by 3pm; none I could see
that had any black on the head. Every size, color and ages were otherwise
represented.
 I saw one Brant feeding on seaweed by NOAA that was so worn you could barely
discerne the neck ring. The 2 in Mike Patterson's recent post were "prettier"
then this worn "gull/Brant hybrid" looking speciman. Crowded in town; probably
because it was cold and foggy at the beach(if you could find it-I never saw
it). David Smith