[obol] ECAS Wednesday, Millican Valley, LARK SPARROW

  • From: "judy" <jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:52:53 -0700

Good for Deschutes County, the LARK SPARROW was our most unusual bird today.
We had a big day with sparrows, with 9 species although the Green-tailed
Towhee was seen poorly. No Goshawk for us today although we spent over an
hour at Pumice Springs. Also, passerine migration wasn't showing out there,
only 1 species Warbler, 1 species flycatcher etc. Clark's Nutcrackers most
active and visible around Pumice Springs. Sand Springs is nearly dry, larger
pond at Pumice is nearly dry.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Canada Goose
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Northern Harrier
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Prairie Falcon, total of 4 today, nice.
Killdeer
Least Sandpiper, 2 out at wet area on Camp Creek
Rock Dove
Northern Flicker
Gray Flycatcher, several
Loggerhead Shrike, 2 on wires along Hwy 20
Pinyon Jay, loose flock east of Horse Ridge, 40 or more
Clark's Nutcracker
Common Raven
Horned Lark
Violet-green Swallow
Barn Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Pumice Springs
Western Bluebird
Mountain Bluebird
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
Sage Thrasher, singing late a.m., quiet early. More than a dozen today
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Green-tailed Towhee, along 23 road
Chipping Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow, 2 locations, Moffit, and Camp Creek. Not singing
Vesper Sparrow, Moffit above ranch, Camp Creek
Lark Sparrow, Moffit, on ground near feedlot
Sage Sparrow, several along 23 road early a.m.
Savannah Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird, Pumice Springs, a female
Brewer's Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird, 4 females at Pumice Springs
Cassin's Finch, 2 females, Pumice Springs
Red Crossbill, heard only, Pumice Springs
House Sparrow

Total number of species seen: 46, with ten new birds for the year of ECAS
Wednesday Birding.
Birders, Tom Lawler, Diane Burgess, Tom Penpraze, Ted Groszkiewicz, and
Judy. Thanks to Ted for doing the list and packing radios last week. Good
birding, Judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx