[obol] Re: Documentary "Emptying the Skies" (YouTube Trailer)

  • From: "Tom Crabtree" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx>, "'OBOL'" <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:50:04 -0800

Nels, this is OREGON birders online, and about Oregon birds, not Mediterranean
birds; not recipes involving birds; not favorite conservation topic of the day.

Speaking of Oregon birds, there was a strong movement of Brant along the coast
at Newport during the day. This evening five HUGE flocks of White-fronted
Geese went by. I would estimate 1000-1500 total that I saw. Other northward
migrants were 1 Whimbrel, 100 Sanderling, 2 Black-bellied Plovers, 100 “peep,”
and 5 Caspian Terns. I’m sure there were tons of things moving through but I
was stuck in a conference most of the day.

Tom Crabtree