[obol] Dickcissel

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:13:49 -0800

The Dickcissel was at the previously noted place at Bayocean about 9:30AM
this morning. I was on the bay side where saw it fly from the ocean side
to the median strip where it proceeded to walk in my direction. I stayed
still and it ultimately came within about 6 feet from me.

I'll add that I made a spur of the moment decision to go on Saturday after
it was posted that it had been seen that morning. I arrived about 12:30
and heard it had been present all morning but was last seen around noon. 4
other birders and I who arrived after noon stayed until 3PM when the
weather started to deteriorate without seeing it (one birder did stay after
that and I don't know whether their persistence was rewarded). After
seeing it was again found yesterday morning I decided to retry today. I've
now heard several birders are now looking for it without finding it. I
wonder if mornings are a more reliable time for it.

My photos from today are at http://andyfrank.blogspot.com/

Andy Frank