[obol] Curry Update 10/8/2015

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 14:38:17 -0700

I found out today that last Saturday Don Munson had an EMPEROR GOOSE in
Brookings, possible the same bird that is in Del Norte now.

Yesterday, Diane Cavaness saw a LEACH'S STORM-PETREL at the south jetty in
Brookings/Harbor.

There are still ELEGANT TERNS in Gold Beach but none in Brookings or
Crescent City from what I hear. Saw a jaeger chasing an Elegant Tern off
Otter Point north of GB this morning, but didn't stay around long as I
wasn't seeing an shearwaters. Lots of Elegants in the area.

Terry Wahl reports being 2 CHIPPING SPARROWS and a CLAY-COLORED at the
ranch near Cape Blanco yesterday (10/7). The bird he couldn't remember he
saw in mid-September was a N. MOCKINGBIRD at the same location.

Nice views of BLACK-VENTEDS off Chetco Point this morning- every single one
headed south. Sooties mixed in for nice size comparison. Distant views of
about 10 birds way out at Bandon later. All headed south also. Beautiful
weather with light winds out of the south on the coast.

Merry migration all!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay