[obol] Crystal Springs Red-necked Grebe

  • From: "Clausing, Arthur M" <clausing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:30:52 +0000

I visited Crystal Springs Rhode Garden again today and found that the
RED-NECKED GREBE was still there as of 12:30 pm.  The COMMON GOLDENEYE that was
reported by Linda and Andy yesterday was also present.  In addition, a SPOTTED
SANDPIPER was feeding on the golf-club edge of the water.  The parking lot at
Crystal Springs is closed and filled with dirt; they are preparing for this
weekends Mother's Day Plant Sale.  Despite the rain, the park had many visitors
this morning and will be packed with people through Sunday; hence, the grebe
may not stay much longer. It has now been there at least four days.

I placed pictures of the grebe that I took on Monday and Tuesday in my
photo-stream at Fliickr.  The URL for this site is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amcsbirds
I will be adding pictures of the goldeneye and the sandpiper later today.

Art Clausing