[obol] Coos Ruddy Turnstones- Curry Terns

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

I also saw 2 RUDDY TURNSTONERS today (8/8) in Bandon behind the Coast Guard
station with a Black Turnstone flock and 5 WANDERING TATTLERS.

At the north spit on Coos Bay, only three shorebirds at the old Weyco pond
site- 2 LESSER YELLOWLEGS and one Greater.

Joe Metzler reports one RUDDY TURNSTONE and the continuing PACIFIC
GOLDEN-PLOVER at Bandon Marsh on 8/7 (been there since 7/31).  Joe has been
doing surveys out there and reports that most of the shorebirds are across the
marsh along the river which you cannot see from the observation deck, one has
to walk across the mudflat at low tide to find the shorebirds (no guarantees
though).

Colin Dillingham reports ELEGANT TERNS from the mouth of the Winchuck, Chetco
and Rogue Rivers the past couple of days. Not sure on totals down south but
only 10 at the Rogue, I think he had 60+ down south.

That's all I can think of now...

ENJOY!
Tim R
Coos Bay