[obol] Coos Purple Finches

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:16:27 -0800

We had 2 male and 1 female PURPLE FINCHES in the yard north of Bandon Coos Cty this morning.    They seemed to show up with a large flock of House Finches that suddenly appeared.

I spend some time at Cape Arago yesterday morning looking for crossbills.   There are so many RED CROSSBILLS its almost overwhelming.   I heard what sounded like a few White-wings, but seeing any crossbills well there is a challenge, as the trees are rather high and if and when they land, the lighting is not ideal.

Cheers

Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein

POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol