[obol] Re: Coos Parula Yes 6/28/20

  • From: Don Henise <kiskadee3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 11:58:16 -0700

I've added a few photos and audio tracks to the eBird checklist from yesterday 6/27:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S70879709

Here are the coordinates to the birds approximate location: 43.397200, -124.291265

On 6/28/2020 7:35 AM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:

Still singing in a large tree-size wax myrtle maybe 100 feet before sand road pops back out into the open along the bay (1/4 mile from end of road).

As Lars mentioned this is one of the more regular “eastern” warbler species on the south coast in spring.  There are two other spring records from the North Spit Coos Bay and two from Floras Lake, Curry of just ones I have observed. Always a pleasure to see/hear them on the south coast! Roger you need to spend more time in Coos County!

Oh mosquitoes always quite friendly in this area- absolutely no qualms about breaking all social distancing norms 😁

Happy late migration all!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

--