[obol] Coos Painted Bunting still there 12/22

  • From: Lars Skalnes <lskalnes@xxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:23:59 -0800

Following Tim Rodenkirk's excellent directions, I arrived at the Eastside boat
ramp a little after 8 am. I walked about a hundred yards to the seed site and
found Tim in position. Lots of sparrows, but no bunting. The bird finally
showed at 8:50 am, and we both got very good looks although it only stuck
around for about 30 seconds. That is one green bird! Tim took off soon after
but I decided to try for a second look. I was rewarded when the bird showed up
again at 9:20 and remained on the ground for about three minutes before
disappearing again. Thanks, Tim, for spreading the seeds and giving me the
opportunity to add a bird to my Oregon list!

Lars Skalnes
Eugene